Adventasty is a group of young (and a couple of older) people dedicated to sharing the health message presented in the Bible. Join us as we try to make healthy and fun vegetarian recipes!
We are based out of the El Monte Seventh-day Adventist Church. We started making inspirational videos to get the youth more involved in church.
Check out some of our original videos:
- A Manly Thanksgiving – the very first video made using Dan’s video camera
- A Small Harvest – the video that inspired the youth to make more videos!
- Mass Murderer – what is the one killer many Christians allow into their homes?
- Water or Soda – what will you choose?
- Sweet Temptations – a temptation you cannot fight on your own power…
- The Good Atheist – the story of the good Samaritan updated for the 21st century
- One Little Tract – can literature evangelism make a difference?
- Five Styles of Evangelism – what is your style?
It was during the making of these videos that we encountered the health message in the Bible. What is the health message, you ask? In short, the health message is the concept that our physical, mental, and spiritual health are all linked together. The health message teaches that a plant-based diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts will allow for a more healthful and abundant life!
Most of us did not know how to cook anything without using a microwave, let alone make vegetarian food. Inspired by the cooking show “Iron Chef,” we decided to get together and try to make vegetarian food and share what we learned. Thus, Adventasty was born….